My Skincare Routine

Thursday, July 16, 2015

A selection of my skincare products.
 When it comes to having a flawless make-up look its all about your base, which is your skin. Looking after your skin is very important especially for me, still being a teenager I am prone to having regular spots pop up now and again in addition to having large pores on my nose. Finding a skincare routine does take time as you have to do a trail and error with many different products to find the ones that collectively work for you. The products shown in this post are what has worked for me so far however, I do not shy away from trying new things for my skin. The majority of these products are reasonably priced and are easy to find in your local store if you what to try them out after reading this post. However, I will have a link to where you can buy them online. 

IN THE MORNING...

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion

After I hop into the shower and wet my face with water I put a small amount of The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion in my hand. I apply it to my face using circular motions. I mostly focus the product around my nose and cheeks to remove any dead skin cells. The vitamin C in the product helps brighten the skin whereas, the fine exfoliating micro particles leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. I use this product 2 - 3 times a week. 
I also made another - much more cheaper alternative for a facial scrub with the help of a few items from the kitchen. I got this trick from a Youtuber and Blogger Farah Dhukai and adapted it to my liking. I will be doing a DIY post about how to make my facial scrub in future. 

 
Lancôme Gel Eclat 125ml

You can use this product for both morning and night. It has a very luxurious spell which you would expect when buying from the Lancôme brand. The foam is so fine that it penetrates the pores and relief's it from any impurities and toxins. Leaving you with radiant clean skin ready for the day ahead.  

Nivea Creme 
This is my favourite cream I use for my face in the morning. The Nivea Creme is quite thick and very moisturising therefore it might be too heavy for some people. However, even though I have oily skin it has been great product for me so far and actually makes my foundation application easier in addition to using a primer.  I bought this cream after hearing Amber Rose mentioning that she uses it in an interview at TheBreakfastClub I decided to give it I try. Her natural skin is flawless under her make-up so this product is a good buy. 

IN THE EVENING...

I think one of the most important things about wearing make-up is to take it off before you go to bed. Yes, it can be very hard especially near the end of the day you just want to collapse on your bed and hit the lights out. However, sleeping with all that dirt and make-up on your skin will not do you or your pillow case any favours in the morning. 

Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes 
I use the Simple wipes to remove the first layer of make-up from my skin. I find this product very good for my sensitive skin. Simple is well known for its alcohol, perfume and colour free products that are 'kind to skin'. I like to store my make-up wipes upside down to make sure all the moisture is evenly distributed on each wipe. You'll find if you don't do this that the last wipes tends to be more dryer than the others. 

CLEANSERS 


After that I then go on to use a cleanser to help me remove the majority of my make-up. I have a few that I choose from:
Nivea Sensitive Cleansing Milk 

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm

Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Lotion 
The Nivea and Simple cleansers are both very lightweight products and do not irritate my sensitive skin. I put a generous amount of the product onto a cotton pad and massage it into my skin. I find that I have to repeat this step with these products as some make-up is still left on my face.
The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil is so gentle on the skin and gets the job done with only one application. I use my hands to massage this on my face.Then, I soak my muslin cloth in hot water and squeeze out the excess to wipe off the product.
 The Emma Hardie cleanser is the most expensive out of all of them. However, you get what you pay for with this product because it feels so luxurious on the skin and quickly removes all of your make up. In addition, after I take the cleansing balm off with my muslin cloth I notice that my pores get smaller and my skin is overall smoother.
Garnier Fresh Essentials Invigorating Toner 


I use this toner with a cotton pad to remove any make-up that might have been left on my skin. This toner has pro-vitamin B5 and fruit water that removes any impurities and dead skin cells that can cause uneven skin. It also has a refreshing scent that is pleasant on my skin and does not cause any irritation. 



I originally bought Bio Oil to fade my stretch marks which unfortunately did not work however, I  tried it on my face to see whether it would fade my blemishes. After 2 weeks of using it consistently, I noticed that my skin tone had become more even. A small amount of this product goes a long way. I only use 2 drops of this product and it covers my whole face. I use Bio Oil before I go to bed so my skin can take in the moisture when I am sleeping. Due to me having oil skin it is not great to use it in the morning, especially if you are going to put on your make-up afterwards. 

I hope you enjoyed learning about what skincare products I use as I get asked this frequently. Keep your eyes peeled for a post on my favourite face masks I use and a DIY on how to make a face scrub will be posted soon. Make sure you subscribe to a newsletter so you get notified via email about every new post that goes up.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Well done Amy. I absolutely loved and thoroughly enjoyed this post. Thanks for always teaching me something new about skincare darling. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright (2015 - 2017) Miss.AUC. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.