D.I.Y Lemon & Sugar Scrub For Face & Body

Friday, August 07, 2015

Special effect made by Square Ready

I briefly mentioned an alternative to the face scrubs I buy in 'My Skincare Routine' post. A home-made face/body scrub I find better are much more than the ones I buy because, I know what I am putting on my face because I made it myself. You'll often find that when you see the ingredients of a skincare product it is filled with a long list of long words that only the lord knows how to pronounce. With this scrub you will only need 4 ingredients (SUGAR, LEMON, HONEY & OIL) which you can easily find in your kitchen and easily pronounce. And of course a plastic container to store your home-made scrub. Before I share with you how to make this scrub, I would like to tell you the benefits...

  • It is the most natural way to soften, exfoliate and freshen up the skin.
  • It can help reverse the early signs of ageing ( I'm not worried about that now as I'm only 17 but for you older ladies this is perfect for you!).
  • The gentle abrasion of the scrub helps even out the skin tone.
  • It removes accumulated dead skin cells. 
  • Messaging the scrub on your face enhances blood circulation which increase collagen production.
  • It prevent acne, blackheads, whiteheads, breakouts & other skin blemishes. 
  • It is inexpensive. 

List of benefits taken from here.




SUGAR
                      


STEP 1: ADD SUGAR

I just eye-balled the amount of ingredients I put in therefore, I don't have the exact measurements. The more sugar you put in the more abrasive/ruff the scrub is going to be. For those with more sensitive skin I advise you to put less sugar in your scrub. This will make the scrub more gentle on your skin and prevent irritation. On the other hand, if your skin is less sensitive you can put as much sugar as you desire. 

WHY SUGAR?

Sugar is a natural exfoliator and a natural source of glycolic acid.



HONEY
                     


STEP 2: ADD HONEY

Honey is like the glue of the mixture that makes all the ingredients stick together. I probably added 2 tablespoons of honey to the mixture. 

WHY HONEY?

The antibacterial properties in the honey benefits acne prone skin as it prevents breakouts.



LEMON JUICE
                 

STEP 3: ADD LEMON

You can use a fresh lemon, cut it in half and squeeze out the juice however, I took the easy route and just used lemon juice. I think I only put a few drops of lemon juice into the mixture because I wanted the scrub to have a medium to thick consistency. 

WHY LEMON?

Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C and is commonly used to lighten/ brighten the skin. It evens out the skin tone and tightens your pores.


OIL
                

STEP 4: ADD OIL

I used approximately 1 tablespoon of hazelnut oil. Honestly, I advise you to use olive oil, because I am not a big fan of nuts and the smell is quiet strong whereas, olive oil hardly has a scent.However, if you love nuts then by all means go ahead. I don't know why I used hazelnut oil this time around because I normally use olive oil. Nevertheless, they both do the same thing. 

WHY OIL?

It is a natural moisturising ingredient and high in vitamin E. 




FINISHED!
                   

STEP 5: STIR WELL & COOL

Stir all the ingredients together to make a medium to thick consistency. If the mixture is too thick add lemon juice and if the mixture is too thin add more sugar. Once you have got the mixture to a perfect consistency for you put it in the fridge for a few hours. I like to do this to make all the ingredients mould together. After this it is ready to use.


AS A BODY SCRUB:

Apply on the body pay extra attention to your elbows and knees then rub on your body in circular motion for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse and voilà smooth, silky skin. Use this 2 - 3 times a week.

AS A FACE SCRUB:

Apply on a clean, wet face using gentle circular motions. Pay more attention to the areas on your skin that has more ruff, uneven textures and pores. For me that is my nose, cheeks and chin. Be cautious of using the scrub on open wounds, as the lemon may sting. Leave on the face for 5 - 10 minutes then rinse off with water. Use this 2 - 3 times a week.


*Make a new batch of the scrub every 3 weeks.












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright (2015 - 2017) Miss.AUC. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.