MAKEUP OF THE DAY

Tuesday, February 02, 2016


G O L D / B R O W N / N E U T R A L S

Instagram: @amy_chinnah

HI GUYS!! This will be my first makeup instalment on my blog which is crazy as I thought I would have loads of these by now. Anyways this is a make up look  which I have been recreating all week. It is a mixture of neutral, brown, golden colours and a sharp nude lip. This is a great everyday look for the girls who go to school or college or even a toned down work look. 

here are the details...

P R E P + P R I M E:


I started off with a freshly washed faced which had been moisturised with the Nivea Creme ( I have talked about this is my previous post here). Then I applied my oil control lotion by MAC to prevent me from becoming an oily mess during the day. The struggle can be SOOO real when you turn from glowed up to greasy real quick. This product helps my oils stay in check. 
Size to go version for only £10

E Y E B R O W S:

I do my brows before foundation because I find that the little brow hairs I have disappears within the product. I use a mixture of pencil and eye shadow to define and fill my brows  (I am planning to do a blog post on this). I use the MAC retractable eyebrow pencil in spiked to outline the natural shape of my brows underneath. This is a great product as I don't have to stress about sharpening it every time I do my brows - which is pretty much every day! I then brush through the product with a mascara wand to soften the line. After that, I fill in the rest of my brows with bark eye shadow from the sleek au natural palette. I find that filling your brows with eye shadow or a brow powder creates a more softer look and makes them less harsh and more natural. Finally I sharpen up the edges with NC45 studio finish concealer in the MAC pro conceal and correct palette in dark. 


MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked £14.00


Sleek Au Natural Palette £7.99 



F O U N D A T I O N:


I think foundation has to be my favourite part in my make-up application routine. Actually I think doing skin in general is my favourite thing of make-up life. I have found a new 'holy grail' foundation that I find hardly anyone talks about. I have been swerving my MAC studio fix and Lancome teint idole for the MAC prolongwear nourishing waterproof foundation. All my friends know that I am a lover of a matte finish due to me becoming extra shiny in the 'T' zone during the day. However,  I have converted. I am more attracted to a flawless, satin, youthful, glow which is what this foundation gives me with the help of my Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge
Recently I have switched up my highlighting and contouring routine and have started 'reverse contouring'. I find it very flattering for those with darker skin like mine and especially even darker. Due to many with dark skin having natural contours on their face using lighter powers and cream concealers around those areas will emphasise the natural hollows in the cheek bones. This is what I did to achieve the look above. The products I used where the MAC pro correct and conceal pallet in dark and the MAC mineralize loose powder in dark. I focused the lightest concealer in the pallet underneath my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and on my chin. I blended the concealer using my Real Techniques sponge then set the areas with the loose powder by MAC. I also took the loose powder underneath my cheekbones and forehead to create a highlighted effect. In addition to this, I added an extra glow to the skin with my MAC Mineralized Skinfinsh in Gold Deposit. I put this at the tops of my cheekbones, just above the brows, on my chin and on the tips of my nose. Glowing skin is what I am striving for at the moment and it is also seen to be popular on Instagram. 

MAC Mineralize Loose Powder Foundation in Dark £25.50 



MAC Mineralize Skinfinsh in Gold Deposit £24

E Y E S H A D O W  W I T H  

A M B E R  L I G H T S

Amber lights eye shadow has to be my new obsession. 2016 is all about that glow and amber lights golden royal tones embodies that for me. Ladies with dark skin this is the one for you too! I love using this as a brow bone highlight and also in the tear duct area on the eye. After applying this all over the eyelid I buff a dark brown eye shadow in the crease to remove any harsh lines. I finish the eye look with my MAC Extended Play Mascara which does an amazing job with lengthening and making my 'struggle' lashes voluminous .


Amber Lights Eye shadow £13.00
Extended Play Mascara £15


 I L O V E  M Y  N U D E  

L I P S 

I have always been a lover of bold lip colours as I find that it hides how big my lips are. Yes, I was self concious about how MASSIVE my lips are. While others where hashtaging 'lip goals' on Kylie Jenners Instagram page and doing the 'lip challenge' I was lowkey masking my natural beauty. But I find that doing an ombre effect when wearing nude lipsticks still makes your lips look shapely and not so Jay - Z . However, in recent times I have been growing very fond of my lips and that is due to this lipstick combination of Persistence and Cream in Your Coffee by MAC lined with Chestnut also by MAC. This is my 'dream team' and works beautifully. 

MAC Persistence Lipstick £15.50


MAC Cream in Your Coffee Lipstick £15.50

S E T  I T  A N D  F O R G E T  I T!

Finally, I spray a generous amount of the MAC Fix + spray all over my face to make the powders become more skin like and to also emphasise my highlighter. In addition, this spray also adds longevity to your make-up so your reapplication can go down to a minimum! 

MAC Fix + £17.00


Let me know what your everyday make-up favourites are in the comment section below.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright (2015 - 2017) Miss.AUC. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.